With the fashion trends always evolving, it can be a bit overwhelming to have to constantly shop for new styles. No woman would ever complain, but for the average guy, it’s definitely one of those mystifying and hard to understand predicaments that never seem to go away.
Instead of falling off the style wagon, how about getting to know some of the classic and timeless outerwear to help update your wardrobe?
- The cardigan – Not the rock band from Sweden “The Cardigans” but the outerwear also known as the perfect epitome of the stylish, casual fashion. The cardigan has always managed to upgrade even the most casual of looks. You can challenge this fact with some of your most favorite casual looks. Warning, its awesomeness might blow your mind. Pick solid colors to make it more versatile. Deep and bold jewel tones can make any casual outfit look super trendy while neutral tones are perfect for a more subtle style statement.
- Waistcoats – You probably don’t think too much about waistcoats, but they’re making a big splash back in the fashion world. They instantly upgrade your dress shirt without people mistaking you for a waiter. That’s the kind of thing you should always look for in an accent piece. The waistcoat has sophistication written all over it, and it’s one of the go to items for the casual not-so-formal formal wear.
- The tweed – It’s definitely got that era-gone-by feel to it, but the tweed remains a classic look. Nevertheless, with the right dark hues and perfect tailoring, nothing beats a timeless tweed jacket. Pair them with something more updated like a basic shirt and light colored pants for a more modern look.
- Velvet – Velvet may not be your top choice when it comes to outerwear, but it does serve its purpose – looking good with an extra bit of pizzazz. However, the same cannot be said for any kind of velvet suit. Velvet is easily overpowering, you may want to think about just adding a bearable amount of it into your look. Go for a solid color, any more would make you look like a playboy wanna be. Stick to darker colors so it doesn’t outshine you. Black, brown, navy, and burgundy are acceptable shades.
- Military inspiration – It has notably become one of the most stylish trends in overcoats season after season. A classic military jacket upgrades a casual look while it instantly downplays a dressier outfit. It appeals to both genders and is a great investment because it stands the test of time.