The typical guy on sitcoms and television commercials isn’t necessarily what a real man looks like, is it? Is a real man these days a bumbling moron who is 40 pounds overweight and wants to stuff himself with beer and incredibly fattening food during get-togethers and parties? No.
Real men these days are smarter than that, and while they love sports gatherings and most occasions where food is involved, they present themselves nicely, would rather stay lean, and definitely don’t want to get so drunk they miss out on good times!
Destroy the Status Quo
It’s time to destroy the façade, and show the status quo that guys are sophisticated and inclined towards the finer things in life, not just cheap beer, chips, and dip from the supermarket.
Go out on a limb and obliterate the over-commercialized norm of “real men.” Be that guy that comes with well-prepared and thought out snacks, that, God forbid actually includes some healthy choices.
Be the Health Nut
The obesity rate has become an epidemic and whether people want to admit it or not, when they go to any kind of party of social event, they’re really thankful and appreciative of good healthy snacks. This doesn’t include rabbit food trays…
5 Awesome Real Man Snacking Dishes
- Bourbon-Glazed Chicken Drumettes! Rather than being drenched in sauces that make a mess, having a few bowls on the side with tasty low-calories dips can become the life of the munchies table. On the flip-side though, what if chicken drumettes were lightly glazed with a bourbon sauce to the point where they are neither dripping, or in need of a dipping? Brilliant.
- Crafty Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. These aren’t the run of the mill grilled cheese, but come with quality bread, classy cheeses, and lots of extras like fresh bacon bits (not fake), spices, and herbs. Grill them on the barbeque! Without pizza sauce, they’re still technically grilled cheese. Here’s another tip: use organic butter, because it’s lighter on the bad stuff, but the taste is magnified.
- Homemade Pizza! Never order out, it’s a shame really. The money used for cheap pizza, soda, and breadsticks could instead be used to buy all the fresh and healthy ingredients for a magnificent wonder of homemade pizza wizardry. Stay away from extra spicy unless that’s what the audience demands, and throw on lots of soft/crunchy veggies.
- Incredibly Chunky Soups. Don’t go with watered down, but chunky, hearty, and thick. There should be some sauce of course, or some soupy mixture, but the chunks of lean meats, veggies, and all the fixings should be big and bold. Take some time preparing it yes, but not to the point where it becomes a ghastly bowl of mush. Shoot for texture here, and all will be satisfied.
- Clean Amateur Nachos. These things can be whatever anyone desires; there’s no universal dish of nachos. Make the cheese fresh, not some creamy alternative that comes in a can or box. It should be creamy and slightly runny yes, but NOT drippy. Droopy, ok, drippy – no.
Furthermore, go with chunky, and hearty, and make homemade meat sauce with chili and spices. Whenever it’s homemade with love, care, and some attention to the healthy details, no one will forget it.
There are so many healthy options, as many as there are stars in the sky or sand on the seashore. It makes no sense to go with incredibly easy and fattening. Be sophisticated, be original and creative, and be what a “real man” of the 21st century really looks like. Not those jokes on the TV that mindlessly scarf down corporate branded food.