This may come as a shock to contemporary men, but cufflinks for literally thousands of years have been a tell-tale sign of distinguished gentlemen.
Remember those? Like ties, purchasing cufflinks must be voluntary, because any chimp can button up a shirt with two industry standard cuffs. Going the extra mile to get a quality set of cuffs says something, and always will.
By incorporating new quasi-formal 21st century style, they don’t necessarily need to come off as upper class or bourgeois. In fact, they can be like that shiny sports watch, or bling. The difference is that their fashion power is subtle, and females especially appreciate them. They refine an ensemble, and while cosmetic, show an attention to detail that, unfortunately, too few men these days take advantage of.
5 Considerations for the Cuff-Wise
- Here’s a shocker, but when it comes to business deals and being treated with that business air of respect on the go, seven out of ten people who properly match their suits with the perfect cuffs enjoy a special attention and priority.
- While perhaps the small of men’s style accessories, studies show that they can carry an extreme amount of clout when it comes to overall appearance.
- It’s important to not have just one set, but around four or five for different occasions and variety. Putting that last touch of class in only one egg basket can be risky, because if they’re lost, it can spell disaster without replacements.
- Whether choosing more humble and simple cufflinks, or shooting for the more sophisticated brands, they mean nothing unless they adequately fit in the overall ensemble. They must match what they’re in, without sticking out, or being lost in over the top flashiness.
- These days there’s no excuse. The digital sphere and online retail world provides ample opportunities to get cufflinks. Make sure to do the homework though and get quality stuff, from well known brands. Although not enough can be said for smaller outfits that may cost more, but be able to supply really unique sets!
A Return to Class and Male Elegance!
Head back to the seventeenth century, when guys started to look around and figure it was about time to have something a bit more elegant to tie all those outlandish ribbons and whatnot to their cuffs. They began with these short little chains complimented by silver and gold.
Throughout history they have had their place in the wardrobes of men big and small, simple and high class. It’s time that the slovenly image of western men was picked up a bit, and this doesn’t mean a whole lot of work or shopping. It takes maybe a few hours to find a few great pairs, and a few seconds to put on.
While cufflinks had to endure a rough period when formal wear manufacturers started providing cheap ones attached to products, more men these days feel the need to stand out. This translates into both the business and dating worlds. Invest in some cufflinks, and soon all the reasons they’ve survived this long will become apparent.