Face it, in this day and age men who choose to be cordial and gentlemanly are in short supply. How often is someone sprinting for the door and some punk with no manners just lets it slam in their face? It’s not only rude but shows a serious lack of concern for others; what an ugly quality!
Women appreciate a courteous man with a dash of traditional class, and almost all of them admit it’s something they look for in a date or potential relationship. Opening doors as well as other courteous gestures can make or break a man.
After You Ma’am
There’s nothing sexier than a man who opens the door for a lady; it’s not that women can’t open doors themselves, or won’t open doors, it just shows them that he’s willing to go out of his way to ensure her safety and show some respect! One may think this is old fashioned, but apparently it’s never going to go out of style.
Being a gentleman includes sincere thoughtfulness of what’s around you and keeping a keen eye on opportunities to wow her! On the next date, go ahead and open the door for her. See if that doesn’t bring about a big grin, and earn plenty of brownie points for later.
How to Sport Being a Gentleman
Not sure just how to be a perfect gentlemen? Well, begin by focusing on these key factors.
- The number one way to a women’s heart is not with diamonds and flashy cars, but personality and how one interacts with her and others.
- A woman can smell a jerk from a mile away, and one of those signs is as simple as not opening the door. Women know when a man only thinks about himself, and he’ll end up alone at the end of the night wondering what went wrong.
- If it’s impossible to toss out a compliment or two, her interest will fade quickly. Tell her how nice she looks and be attentive. This is crucial so keep the (genuine and interested) compliments coming!
- Don’t be rude, crass, or perverted. Women catalog every move a guy makes in her mind, and unfortunately never forgets them. If he’s a demanding jerk or a picky guest, she’ll likely lose his number before the night is over.
- Engage, make eye contact, and listen to her. There’s nothing worse than being cut off or not taken seriously.
Being a real man isn’t hard. It’s simply using courteous gestures such as opening a door, telling her how pretty her eyes are, and being respectful of others around you! Brush up on these tips before the next date and expect things to go off without a hitch. One last thing, on a date nothing tells a woman that the guy she is sitting across from takes her seriously than his taking the time to look nice, and pay attention to the details. Part of being a gentlemen, is looking like one.